Kevala is looking for a Scrum Master to join our Product Development function. Kevala is an early-stage software start-up, and the Scrum Master is a foundational role to enable the growth and expansion of the product development activities at the company. This individual will establish the process and facilitate planning across multiple sprint teams, working collaboratively with the product and engineering teams. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for working with the Product Managers to translate product roadmap items, project requirements, epics and stories into sprint activities for the development team. You will own and enable the sprint process, maintaining the product backlog with Product Managers and facilitating interdisciplinary teams in making forward progress. You will also develop and track KPIs associated with software development and communicate successes, hurdles, and timelines with internal stakeholders.
What you will be doing
- Define and implement the product development process with other senior management
- Lead interdisciplinary teams using Agile development practices, i.e., Scrum and Kanban
- Cultivate, maintain and prioritize the product backlog in collaboration with product management
- Coordinate and lead sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospective meetings and end of sprint demo meetings with the product management and the software engineering teams
- Facilitate and coordinate visibility of product development for project management on customer delivery projects
- Develop the KPIs and report on progress against product deliverables
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years as a Scrum Master delivering software solutions in an agile environment
- Experience using software development tools (Jira, Confluence, Github, etc.)
- Experience of delivering software in an engineering environment and industry
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
What will make you stand out
- Professional Scrum Master qualification
- Experience working in or knowledge of the energy industry
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Where our team is located
We embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
Please apply here.