Kevala is growing quickly and is looking for the right person to join our dynamic team as a talent acquisition manager. The ideal candidate will be excited about supporting Kevala’s strategic growth strategy through the implementation of a robust talent acquisition and retention process. You will accomplish this by supporting the broader team with pre-hire and post-hire activities that minimize time to fill key positions while maximizing organizational effectiveness, workplace culture and employee satisfaction. The position is based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters, however, other locations will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for implementing the recruitment, retention and workplace culture enhancements needed to achieve Kevala’s strategic objectives. Day-to-day activities will include collaboration with internal teams on hiring needs, drafting job descriptions, managing postings, reviewing applications and adhering to the hiring timeline. This position will not only be tasked with hiring the right employees, but also with implementing structured onboarding procedures to ensure a positive new hire experience. The position reports to the Head of Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience and 3 years recruitment or operations management (required).
- Experience with a software based start-up in the renewable energy space is a plus.
- A successful track record of recruiting and retention – demonstrated experience filling positions by sourcing viable candidates and assessing their suitability to the role and team.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to leadership on organizational design, prioritization of hires and management of the recruiting timeline.
- Proven success in implementing workplace culture and employee engagement programs (such as employee referral programs, internships, etc).
- Well versed in the use of HR collaboration tools (such as posting positions on hiring sites and social networks, use of software tools for applicant tracking, use of HR administrative systems, and other internal employee tools as required).
- Experience documenting and managing the onboarding process, including new hire checklists, and employee handbooks.
- Ensures that recruiting activities comply with HR and company policy as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Highly adaptable to changing needs within the company – adapts to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to establish new processes and systems through strong organizational skills.
Please apply here.